A beautiful stone fire pit is a great asset to your outdoor space. Building your own stone fireplace is not complicated, but it is a laborious process.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Build an Outdoor Stone Fire Pit
- You can choose a simple well and use coal or wood as fuel or you can install an outdoor gas. If you already have gas lines installed in your home, you can make a professional connect the unit to the existing gas pipelines.
- The frame should be essentially a large square or rectangle around the unit or well. The exact dimensions depend on the size of the unit you are building. Measure around the stone fire pit unit to determine which size you should have the base of your structure.
- Use 4×4 posts and 2×4 to create the framework that you planned; be the 4×4 uprights and 2×4 should be horizontal.
- Install the fireplace unit and connect to the gas pipeline, if you are using a gas driven.
- It covers the entire frame with felt paper 15 pounds, followed by a wire mesh, which will be nailed.
- Spend a little time thinking about how the stone fire pit better on your frame. You want it to be as close as possible.